March 24, 2017

Whimsy March Release Inspiration


Hi Crafty Friends! Internet problems kept me from posting part of my Whimsy release creations last week *sigh*. But I am back online...yaya :-)  (fingers crossed it stays that way) and would like to share my creations today.

On my first card today I used the NEW Distant Friends clear set.


To create my card background I used the XOXO stamp and the 'two little hearts connected with a string' stamp. Stamping randomly with purple and violet memento ink. Then I took a Copic multiliner and doodled the frame. One tag was cut out from black cardstock and the other from watercolor paper, misted with water and sprinkled with brusho. I love the effect that it created.
I stamped the sentiment onto watercolor paper and layered it with black cardstock to match the tags. To embellish my card I used a single violet pearl and a mulberry paper butterfly.


My second card uses the NEW Wish Upon a Star clear set.

Can you tell that I'm in love with Brusho at the moment? Looooove that stuff! To create this card I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink onto watercolor paper using my Misti  -BTW I can not live without my Misti anymore. It makes stamping life so much easier! -  and embossed with white super fine embossing powder. Then I misted the paper with water and sprinkled on some brusho in Ultramarine and Turquoise. I spritzed on some more water in the middle where the sentiment is. I blotted off excess water with a paper towel. I tried not to wet the edges too much after I sprinkled on the Brusho because I wanted to keep the coarse effect around the sentiment. After the paper was mostly dry I used a baby wipe and carefully  removed some color from the embossed sentiment to make it pop some more. The embossing powder resists the watercolor. To embellish I added a few star sequins.


Here comes my last card. This time a shabby chic style card using the adorable Penguin loves Bunny stamp by Crissy Armstrong.


I colored the image using Copics. DP is some left over Maja Design papers I had in my stash. I've added several layers and distressed each before adding. The sentiment is cut out from the NEW Brush Script Upper Case Alphabet. To embellish my card I used flowers, rhinestones, metal embellishments and some gauze. To give the card a more shabby chic look I've added Super Heavy Gesso from Liquitex all over the card and embellies. I just found this kind of Gesso, it's way thicker than the normal Gesso, more like a paste. Perfect to us on cards to create this effect.


Thanks for visiting!



2 comments:

  1. Stunning collection of cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to your house and make cards with you all day! These are so beautiful, and you have such a way with details that make your creations stand out! I gotta go look up "brusho" now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time and leaving me some love! It's greatly appreciated and just made my day! :-)